THE EVIL INQUISITION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The EVIL INQUISITION is a webzine dedicated solely to Music Lovers!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FIN
Pubescant Doomster
Pubescant Doomster

SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew) Empty
PostSubject: SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew)   SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:11 am

SALUTE/ THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew)

SALUTE appear to exist in some subterranean netherworld were bullet belts are mandatory, sawn off denim is worn with pride, tape trading is the only way of hearing new bands,the twin crimes of Emo and metalcore have yet to be invented and a mobile is something a kid has hanging over it's cot! yep, we are talking old school and 'the underground' positively reeks of it.
Salute have no time for hanging around graveyards freezing their tits off whilst wearing their girlfriends slap. Oh no Salute can only be found in damp wood paneled basements hammering out their bloody minded blackened
thrash/rock n roll with well thumbed vinyl of Bulldozer,Hellbastard,Venom and Axegrinder leaning against a stereo with Celtic Frost permanently glued to the turntable and drained special brew cans piled under yellow flyers of killing Joke & Amebix.
Starting with the Tennants- super charged '2 bit punk' the underground is a snub nosed riot from the get-go.
The brilliant Aura Noir plays Motorhead of 'Dr Faust' and the 'does what it says in the tin' rancor of 'shredding belt' are two other highlights
whilst closer 'six deep' is a hellish fall into rampant self loathing.
One thing that sets Salute away from the pack is their instinctive use of pace, not for them clattering BM
blastbeats as this beast is a predominantly mid paced affair and all the better for it leaving enough space for Swines teeth loosening bass dirge and the Kaptains razor sharp riffs to really cut loose and really cut deep.
Admittedly there is nothing 'new' or 'groundbreaking' on the underground but that really isn't the point as so few
(if any) British bands (you need to look to Sweden,Norway,Germany and even Italy for this kinda old school cool) 'do' this kinda thing which makes for a vital listen that hits at a basic primal level.
Salute have stepped up to the plate and who the fuck is gonna stop em? welcome to the underground.Population three.

www.myspace.com/salutesalute

www.myspace.com/witchesbrewgermany

FIN
Back to top Go down
The Inquisitor
Adolescant Doomster
Adolescant Doomster

PostSubject: Re: SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew)   SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:27 am

You've been a busy bastard this weekend Fin, good to see. I'l l have to check this out!!
Back to top Go down
FIN
Pubescant Doomster
Pubescant Doomster

PostSubject: Re: SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew)   SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Indeed!! where have your reviews gone? they've disappeared. affraid
Back to top Go down
The Inquisitor
Adolescant Doomster
Adolescant Doomster

PostSubject: Re: SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew)   SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:15 pm

That they have.
This forum is just for you guys and your reviews.
mine will be featured monthly and all my old ones incorporated. First issue June 1st!!
Back to top Go down
Dras
Infantile Doomster
Infantile Doomster

PostSubject: Re: SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew)   SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:42 pm

Just do lots of deep breathing exercise when you put Salute on. Very Happy Nice guys, but in no hurry LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew)   SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SALUTE/THE UNDERGROUND (Witches Brew)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE EVIL INQUISITION :: Fan Reviews-
Jump to: