THE EVIL INQUISITION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The EVIL INQUISITION is a webzine dedicated solely to Music Lovers!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

KYLESA/STATIC TENSIONS (Prosthetic)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FIN
Pubescant Doomster
Pubescant Doomster

KYLESA/STATIC TENSIONS (Prosthetic) Empty
PostSubject: KYLESA/STATIC TENSIONS (Prosthetic)   KYLESA/STATIC TENSIONS (Prosthetic) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 7:44 am

Revered US troupe Kylesa have spent the last few years concocting the best sludge/doom/crust to humankind resulting in the release of what for many was a pivotal record for the band. 2006s jaw dropping 'time will fuse it's worth' and after month upon month of constant touring (check out their myspace page,these guys NEVER stop!) honing their formidable sound it was indeed high time for them to head back to the jam room to record the follow up.
The obvious question for any fan of this great band would be that have they really got it in them to follow up such an amazing record and the answer is yes,and then some.
Static tensions is everything you would want from a Kylesa record- riffs dug up from the earths core,clattering twin drum attack and fearsome catharsis all wrapped up in a production that's as clear as glass yet as heavy as rocks being thrown at it.
There have been some changes though, gone are the bug eyed "fuck,how are we gonna get to the end of the song" moments of chaos to be replaced by an altogether more bolted down streamlined sound not unlike kindred spirits Baroness.Also on this record for the first time dual vocalist Laura Pleasants feral roar is sometimes reduced to a mantra like whisper and the idea of having two drummers actually makes perfect sense at last.
On this the band have built on their template of diversity, flicking between SLEEP like low end riffage to spiraling psychedelic spasms with masterful ease.Highlights are too many to mention but any band who can sound like Pink Floyd/YOB/Neurosis and Sleep in the space of one song!! must be doing something right.Agreed?
A stunning return all told.
www.myspace.com/kylesa
FIN
Back to top Go down
Platoon
Pubescant Doomster
Pubescant Doomster
Platoon

PostSubject: Re: KYLESA/STATIC TENSIONS (Prosthetic)   KYLESA/STATIC TENSIONS (Prosthetic) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:38 pm

Loving this album. Loving the vocals.
Back to top Go down
The Inquisitor
Adolescant Doomster
Adolescant Doomster

PostSubject: Re: KYLESA/STATIC TENSIONS (Prosthetic)   KYLESA/STATIC TENSIONS (Prosthetic) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:37 pm

I need to check that out!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KYLESA/STATIC TENSIONS (Prosthetic)   KYLESA/STATIC TENSIONS (Prosthetic) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE EVIL INQUISITION :: Fan Reviews-
Jump to: